3-Year-Old adopted child from India Missing Since Saturday

In Adoption, Adoption Trafficking, Agency Complaints, Excerpts, Rights by AdminLeave a Comment

FBI Evidence Team Now at Home of Missing 3-Year-Old

The search is continuing for the child, who was reportedly last seen by her father, 37-year-old Wesley Mathews, at about 3 a.m. Saturday in the 900 block of Sunningdale in Richardson.

An Amber Alert was discontinued Monday afternoon, because there has been no new information in the case, but authorities said the alert could be re-activated in the future.

The girl’s father allegedly told detectives he directed the girl to stand next to a tree behind the fence at their home after she wouldn’t drink her milk. The tree is across an alley and about 100 feet away from the home.

Mathews reportedly returned to get his daughter about 15 minutes later and discovered she was gone, according to an affidavit. He reportedly set out to try and find his daughter, to no avail.

He then went inside his home, hoping she would return on her own, according to police Sgt. Kevin Perlich.

Sherin Mathews is described as 3 feet tall, weighing 22 pounds with black hair and brown eyes. She was last seen wearing a pink top, black pajama bottoms and pink flip-flops.

Police said the toddler has “developmental issues and has limited verbal communication skills.” The Mathews family adopted the girl two years ago at an orphanage in India.

For original source visit here.

Father Placed Daughter Outside for Not Drinking Milk: Police

The father of a missing 3-year-old girl at the center of an active Amber Alert has been arrested. Investigators say Wesley Mathews is now facing child endangerment charges. There’s still no sign of the girl. Richardson police said late Saturday evening that based on their investigation inside and outside of the family’s home, there is no evidence that the girl was abducted.

Sherin Mathews, 3, was last seen at about 3 a.m. in the 900 block of Sunningdale, according to information released by the Texas Department of Public Safety and Richardson police.

 Her father told police he told his daughter to stand near a large tree because she would not drink her milk, according to a probable cause affidavit filed by police. Wesley Mathews said when he returned fifteen minutes later, Sherin was gone.

The family reported the girl missing at around 8 a.m.

For original source visit here.

Ever wondered what it's like to be adopted? Read Adoptionland: From Orphans to Activists.

Leave a Comment